Initiated a position in CNR stock

This week I went shopping for some reasonably well priced stocks for the long run.

I have initiated a position in Canadian national railway.


1) wide moat you can’t just enter the industry and start building your own railroads…. it would cost a fortune

2) very good capital and cash flow management see below numbers

capital mgmt cnr

3) dividend growth for the next couples of years will easily be on or above 10% a year, that coupled with a 1.9% current yield is a long term total return of 11.9% annually, I am satisfied with that.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: